Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Deal

It seems many people feel that I am against longterm relationships or monogamy in general. This is far from the truth, however I am against the fairytale illusion of it all, or perhaps I've just come to understand that the "magic" in these relationships isn't magic at all, its work, skill, and effort folks! Plain and simple, there are no magic relationships beans out there... If there were, I'd be selling them to all the "waiting to get hitched" folks!

Here's The Deal, literally... Relationships are the equivalent of business deals. Planning, research, time, effort, and money (yes, you have to spend some money!) are but a few key ingredients necessary to be successful in either of the two. There are Sole Proprietorships, Limited Partnerships, Partnerships, Corporations, etc. when it comes to businesses, the same goes for relationships. Just because I may have more than one woman in my life does not mean I'm not operating a successful business, I am simply operating in the mode of a corporation and opening my stock to the public!
For those of you looking for that "one on one" partnership, you will need to go the extra mile in doing your homework. You wouldn't open a business and invest your life savings with someone who

1)Just got out of jail
2)Can't read or write
3)You can not fully trust
4)Has mental issues
5)Is broke
6)Has multiple failed businesses in their recent past
7)Wants their baby's daddy to be involved in the business
8)Is ashamed to be seen with you in public or tell anyone about you
9)Is stalking their last business partner
10)Is being stalked by their last business partner.

If you wouldn't except these things in a business partnership, please tell me why in the HELL you would accept them in a relationship!

As for me, I have been carefully researching some very promising options for entering into a partnership. I have come to the conclusion that my findings lead me to believe I am better served by a Sole Proprietorship at the moment. Although I have longterm dealings with one prospect, I am skeptical that we still have the same goals and want the same outcome. Another prospect has recently proven that the trust factor is not yet strong enough. Based on my findings, I will put the idea of partnership aside and operate alone.

No comments: